Tuesday, November 9

Switch!

I recently discovered an amazing blog about being a switch that could very well have been written by me! I found myself nodding at almost every word written. So much so that, if I were to copy and paste that in my own blog, I would likely only change a handful of words.
http://www.xeromag.com/fvbdswitch.html

My favorite quote: 
"I am a sadist; that is, I take pleasure from inflicting consensual pain on my partners, provided they take pleasure from it as well. I am also a masochist; that is, I take pleasure from having consensual pain administered to me by a partner. Again, there is no contradiction here, any more than there is a contradiction between, say, taking pleasure from giving a massage and taking pleasure from receiving a massage."

I guess I shouldn't be too surprised... I am bisexual and also a massage therapist too. I like giving AND receiving in all aspects of my life. How then could I expect to find myself clearly on one side or the other?

Something I would add to the blog is that I believe my ability to be Dom or sub directly relates to how my partner is acting at the moment. It does not matter what they like to call themselves or how they prefer to be treated, in fact, this is likely the key to why I have a difficult time getting along with others...

I treat people the way I sense they deserve to be treated. It's not a concious decision and it often makes poeple feel disrespected or like I'm being unsympathetic or harsh. I say this, if you want to be treated like a child, then throw a pity party and invite me.

Here's an example of this very thing:
I know a man who prefers to be a Dom. I have known him a pretty long time, more than 10 years. At times, especially early on when he didn't identify as anything, he would try to show his "power" by being cocky, demeaning, and a general prick. There were times when we would majorly butt heads because I would have loved to strap him down and whip the smile right off of his jerk face.
I thought he was generally a good guy, he just acted like he had something to prove all the time. As time has gone on, he has grown into a man who knows himself better and is really trying to work on himself rather than trying to put everyone else under him. It really shows and I like him so much better when he is being that guy. There are still times when he slips a little and I would like to serve him my humble pie, but, when he is really working to control himself and be confident, strong, self assured, and calm, I can't help but to button my lip and keep my head low....otherwise I might find myself saying "yes sir" and then he would know he's on the path to being able to control me.
I only respect those who obviously respect themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are figuring yourself out. I think that your logic makes a lot of sense. Why not have the best of everything in life!?

    I can relate to when you say that it depends on how your partner is being, too. I've actually experienced being dominant before, and it was kinda fun! At least for once or twice. But that guy was someone I could see doing that with; Daddy, on the other hand, is not, and I'm perfectly okay with that!

    As for your example: good to know your friend is finally coming around. ;) Men take forever to grow up, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes, we all take time, men seemingly longer, but most come around eventually.

    ReplyDelete